Well, that certainly was something. As the final step in our meteoric rise from a handful of goons from Philadelphia who waxed philosophical about porn and poetry, to adult juggernaut of XXX movie making garnering nine AVN nominations and thus attending the 2010 AVN Awards as invited guests rather than pirate news whores...we lost in every category in which we were nominated returning us precisely to the place where we started out. A bunch of losers.
Which really, is aok.
I guess it really is an honor just to be nominated. Considering we only made two movies that were eligible for nomination and both received nods from AVN is pretty fucking epic. Rome wasn't built in a day, they say, and it's gonna take a little time to get to that Director of the Year award so we'll just look at this as a first step.
But, besides the vicious bitch slap that we were dealt from the awards, the show itself was pretty amazing. We shot some absolutely fantastic footage and skits with some of the biggest names in the biz. Our good friend and loyal writer Lucy Vonne was out there with us shooting interviews with tons of male porn stars (for the ladies out there) and she shared red carpet duties with Spock. We're gonna set to editing this stuff asap and get it to you just as quickly as possible...which should mean in numerous days but we can hope, right?
In addition, we'll have our photos posted for you as well, there aren't a ton because it's hard to handle an SLR with a drink in one hand, something has to go and in most instances, it was the camera. However, we got some choice ones for you.
With that said, here's our list of what we learned from the 2010 AVN Show...hope this helps!
- If you name your company after the fictitious couple that started humanity, you’re definitely gonna sweep the awards because Jeebus wants it that way. So, in hindsight we should have called our movie POPPORN: The guide to making a dude out of clay and then snatching out his rib and then making a bizzo out of that rib.
- It is indeed possible to not want to drink anymore
- Don’t give Alektra Blue the keys to a motor cart
- Pizza at 5 am will most likely look, feel and taste just like the pizza they served you in middle school...only more yellow.
- Believe it or not; we try really hard when we make our movies. Therefore, the clear key to winning awards is not trying at all – which is exactly what we shall do in 2010, especially with our upcoming movie “Phoning it In XXX”
- Even though we were huge losers at the awards – Spock BUCKTON, Mike Quasar and Brian Bangs are SHOE-INS for 2011’s BEST HECKLING DURING AN AWARDS SHOW trophy. We think we might of upset a few people.
- Don’t let Dana DeArmond know that you like getting slapped in the face – because she will KICK THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU
- Tom Byron did indeed get his photo taken with a Santa-like Richard Dreyfus. Uh, what?
- Don’t let Dave Navarro watch you pee – because he WILL take pictures…and ask you to fill in for him in Jane’s Addiction
- If talking with fans has shown us anything in Vegas, it’s that not only do POPPORN’s fans not care about Taryn Thomas’ upcoming Jersey Shore parody but they don’t give a shit about ours either
For a full list of winners of 2010 AVN Awards go somewhere else. We're bitter and still drunk.